Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
One of the commonest problems with an underground gutter drainage system is that of it becoming blocked. This blockage or clogs can result in a back-flow of water into your home, which can be quite alarming. While it’s a good idea to call in a plumber like the ones at Cheap Plumber, there are certain things you can try before calling a professional.
Clearing gutter drains: Steps to follow
Sometimes, DIY and methods like the ones mentioned below can help clear minor blockages in your gutter drains.
- To tackle this job, you would need a set of drain rods with certain accessories that you can buy from a local hardware store. These tools are quite inexpensive and come in handy when you are faced with an emergency such as this.
- One of the first things to do is to try to use a plunger. If the blockage is minor this simple tool can easily clear the blockage in your gutter drains.
- However, if the blockage is more severe, try using an auger.
- The other option is to use pipe drain rods. These are flexible plastic rods which screw together as you work them. There are a number of different heads that you can attach to these pipe drain rods, such as dome heads, clearing wheels, double worm screws, and plungers.
- You also have the option to purchase a high-pressure water hose that can be effective in clearing blocked underground gutter drains.
If none of these steps are effective in clearing the underground gutter drain you can always call a cheap plumber in Toronto to handle the job for you. For more information, call Cheap Plumber! We provide reliable and cost-effective underground drain repair services at very cost-effective pricing.