Give us a call today: 416 951 2777 for a free upfront estimate!
Severe drainage clogs or related problems require professional plumbers, but there are many small clogs that can be resolved quickly with no assistance. You don’t even need to buy any expensive or complicated tools; just some household solutions or inexpensive items from a local hardware store can work very well. At Cheap Plumbers, we can recommend many easy ways that work to unclog tubes.
3 Tips For Drain Unclogging
The best tool to unclog drains is a snake. It physically removes debris without causing any damage to pipes, which extends the lifespan of your plumbing system. Here are three tips that can help:
- Pour hot water first – Pouring hot water will help soften all binding agents like fats, grease, soap, etc., present in the clog. Removing these will make it easier for you to use a drain snake.
- Use the snake – The drain snake is a thin wire that can get inside any clogged pipe to remove debris. Keep slipping it in until you encounter resistance before twisting the handle. Using a snake to unclog a tube doesn’t require much effort as you just need to pull debris out once they are tangled in the snake.
- Follow up – Once all debris is removed, follow-up with boiling hot water or vinegar/baking soda solution to remove remaining grease and debris. This will help prevent future clogs that can occur just a few days after cleaning.
These steps should effectively clear all clogs but if it doesn’t, the blockage might be deeper than you expect. Call a professional plumber to ensure the clog is cleared completely.
Prevention is better than a cure, which is why we recommend taking steps to keep your drains clean. Here are some recommendations that can help:
- Watch what you flush down a drain. Many people pour grease, fats, hard food particles, thick lotions, and creams, etc., down the drain, which can cause clogs. Make sure to avoid these and you might avoid clogs.
- Cleaning drains regularly is always a good idea. Some people use chemical drain cleaners, which can damage pipes. The best solution is to pour boiling hot water a few times to remove debris clinging to pipes. A solution of vinegar and baking soda works well too.
At Cheap Plumbers, we handle all kinds of plumbing problems quickly and efficiently. If you need reliable plumbers, give us a call or contact us through our