Give us a call today: 416 951 2777 for a free upfront estimate!
Since the foundation of your home is under grade, it is subjected to all the pressure of the soil around it as well as the moisture it contains. This is why many homeowners find themselves dealing with the basement leakages and moisture problems. These problems are directly related to a foundation waterproofing failure. The experts at Cheap Plumber have put together this list of signs to look out for to determine whether your foundation needs waterproofing in Toronto:
- Your basement floods every time there is a heavy downpour. This is a clear indication that the drains around your home aren’t working as they should, and that the foundation waterproofing needs to be attended to.
- You see moisture spots or leaks, both of which are a common telltale sign of foundation waterproofing problems.
- Mildew or mold growth in the basement is also another common indicator that there is water seeping in through the foundation.
- A dank and musty odor in the basement area is another sign that there is excessive moisture in the space.
- Dry rot, which is a brown-black fungal growth is a distinct sign of leakages in the foundation. This rot buildup can be noticed on wooden surfaces as well as any clothing that you have stored in the basement.
- Warped paneling is another indicator of excessive moisture.
- High levels of humidity and moisture in the basement result in a white chalk like substance building up on the walls. This is the calcium in the concrete blocks leaching out, due to moisture buildup in the foundation walls.
If you have noticed any of these signs in your basement area, contact the cheap plumber in Toronto immediately. We provide reliable and cost-effective foundation waterproofing services.